What happens at a vein clinic near me in SD?
If you are looking to schedule your first consultation with a vein doctor at a vein clinic in San Diego, then you are probably wondering “What happens at a vein clinic near me in SD?” This is one of the most common questions that patients have when seeking treatment for their varicose veins and spider veins.
As you are searching to find a spider vein treatment clinic near me in SD, you will have noticed spider veins or varicose veins at the surface of the skin on your legs. These are caused by an underlying venous insufficiency, or vein disease, in which valves in your legs malfunction causing blood to pool beneath them. It is very important that this underlying vein disease is diagnosed, prior to you receiving vein treatment. When you attend a vein clinic, your vein doctor should accurately diagnose your venous disease and offer you a suitable, minimally invasive treatment.
An overview of exactly what you can expect when attending a vein center near me in SD is outlined below:
At your initial consultation, your varicose vein specialist will take a complete medical history from you and perform a physical examination to look for unhealthy veins. They will also speak to you about the symptoms that you are experiencing and assess your risk factors.
2. Duplex ultrasound
Next, your varicose vein dr will use Duplex ultrasound, a combination of Doppler and conventional ultrasound, to obtain images of the veins in your legs. Doppler ultrasound allows them to detect the speed and direction of blood flow within your veins.Your spider vein doctor will check both your large saphenous and small saphenous veins to detect malfunctioning valves or blood flowing in the wrong direction (venous reflux). These are signs of chronic venous insufficiency.
3. Minimally invasive spider vein or varicose vein treatments
Finally, a doctor at a top vein clinic in SD will offer you a minimally invasive treatment, using their state-of-the-art infrastructure. Minimally invasive procedures include sclerotherapy, radiofrequency ablation, VenaSeal and Varithena. These treatments are safer, easier and more effective than surgical alternatives.
Where can you find a top medical center for veins in SD?
So, when exactly should you visit a top vein clinic in SD and how do you go about finding one? If you have noticed symptoms of vein disease, you should schedule an appointment at a top varicose vein treatment center as soon as possible.
It is important to find a reputable vein clinic in SD that will diagnose your underlying vein disease accurately and offer you the most effective treatment. So, what should you consider when choosing a vein clinic in SD?
- Only consider vein clinics that offer minimally invasive treatments, using state-of-the-art infrastructure, such as VNUS, Clarivein and ClosureFast.
- Choose vein doctors with a strong educational background and extensive experience in performing minimally invasive treatments. You should look for vein physicians who have completed their residencies and fellowships at a prestigious medical school, such as Harvard Medical School. While not essential, board certification with organizations such as the American Board of Internal Medicine, demonstrates that a vein doctor has completed substantial additional training in vascular imaging and ultrasound-guided vascular therapy.
- It is also important that the staff at your chosen vein center are friendly, approachable and compassionate.
- Have a read through the vein doctor’s patient reviews and testimonials, which you should be able to find easily online.
- Patients who are diagnosed with underlying vein disease are entitled to insurance coverage. Make sure that your chosen vein center in SD accepts your insurance plan to make sure that you get the appropriate coverage. Top vein clinics accept most major insurance plans, including Medicare.
What are the symptoms of underlying vein disease?
The symptoms of vein disease can be easily missed as they are often very subtle and progress over time. In fact, a lot of patients mistake their symptoms for a normal part of the aging process. So, what symptoms should you be looking out for?
- Visible spider veins and varicose veins
- Chronic changes to the skin, such as a red, beefy discolouration due to the breakdown of red blood cells
- Wounds which do not heal or are slow to heal, these are known as Venous Stasis Ulcers
- A heavy, aching feeling in the legs
- Itching, irritation, burning or throbbing near to the affected veins
- Cramping and restless legs, which is often worse in the evening
- Worsening leg fatigue
- Swelling of the feet or ankles
Typically, many of these symptoms will be worse in the evening after you have been on your feet throughout the day. Exercise may help to ease your symptoms by improving blood flow through your veins.
Schedule a consultation at a top vein clinic near me in SD today
If you are noticing some of the symptoms of vein disease listed above, then you should schedule an appointment with a top vein doctor as soon as possible. Vein Treatment Clinic is one of the best vein centers in San Diego. The leading varicose vein doctors at our San Diego clinic can offer you the very latest minimally invasive techniques using our state-of-the-art equipment, diagnosing and treating your underlying vein disease. We are conveniently located near to Torrey Pines Beach state park and the Westfield UTC shopping center.
Give us a call to schedule your consultation, our friendly staff will be happy to speak to you. Alternatively, you can book your appointment online.