Step 1: Google Search
When looking for a vein doctor — or anything at all, really — you can start your search with Google. When you enter the keywords “varicose vein doctor in CA,” you’ll likely find a long list of vein doctors and vein centers near your location. The best part about Google search is that you can arrange the results according to their distance from your location and narrow down the results based on an accessible radius.
Vein Treatment Clinic often appears as one of the most accessible vein centers with reputable vein doctors in California. Our state-of-the-art vein center is located in La Jolla, a beautiful neighborhood just outside San Diego, a short drive from the Westfield UTC shopping center. You may schedule an appointment online or call us at +1 858-461-7886.
Step 2: Ratings & Reviews
Google search results provide lots of additional details besides the location. You can also go through the vein doctors’ patient reviews to find those with perfect ratings. This is one of the easiest means of assessing the vein doctors’ track record — a flawless rating often indicates a flawless track record without major complications or inconveniences. You can also read the reviews to learn more about the vein doctors’ overall approach to vein treatments and patient care.
The vein doctors at VTC San Diego have 5-star ratings and reviews from all patients. One of the recent reviews reads, “I have been treated with Dr. Billy & Dr. Koo for a little over a year now. Based on my needs, I was expecting treatment to be a longer process. I live in San Marcos and my drive to see them is well worth it! They make you feel & show their concern for your health. They make sure you feel confident with their treatment procedures. They explain every procedure before going forward. They took before and after pictures of my varicose veins, and I was astonished by the outcome! I feel great and looking forward to a healthy walking lifestyle! Thank you, Dr. Billy & Dr. Koo.”
Step 3: Certifications & Qualifications
You must consider the vein doctors’ certifications and qualifications to better understand their backgrounds. The best vein doctors should ideally be board-certified, fellowship-trained, or have exceptional educational backgrounds. They should also specialize in the latest minimally invasive vein treatments.
Some of the best vein doctors in California include Dr. Jasmine Koo, Dr. Billy Schoenfeld, and Dr. Carly Guthrie. The following is a brief introduction to the vein doctors:
- Dr. Jasmine Koo: She’s a nationally-recognized vein doctor specializing in venous medicine. She completed her medical education at the Chicago Medical School, followed by a fellowship in minimally invasive procedures at the University of Texas Interventional Radiology Department.
- Dr. Billy Schoenfeld: He’s a double board-certified vein doctor with specialized training in venous medicine, critical care, and anesthesiology. He completed his advanced fellowship training at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, following which he joined the faculty at Harvard.
- Dr. Carly Guthrie: She’s a double board-certified vein doctor specializing in venous medicine, cardiology, and anesthesiology. She completed her residency at Harvard’s Brigham and Women’s Hospital, where she was also elected Chief Resident by her colleagues and faculty.
Step 4: Vein Center
You must look for vein doctors affiliated with reputable and state-of-the-art medical centers. The varicose vein specialists mentioned above currently see patients at Vein Treatment Clinic, a state-of-the-art vein center outfitted with the latest vein treatment equipment. Our medical center has all the tools and technologies necessary to provide effective, safe, and comfortable vein treatments without complications or downtime.
Step 5: Vein Treatment Plan
Once you’ve gone through the vein doctors’ ratings, location, vein centers, and background, you must go through their vein treatment methodologies. You should only look for vein doctors providing ultrasound-guided minimally invasive vein treatments. Vascular surgeries are completely unnecessary, risky, and complicated, and you must avoid vein doctors that recommend surgical options. The best vein doctors must also diagnose the root cause of your vein problems before recommending a treatment plan to ensure lasting results with minimal risk of recurrence.
The vein doctors at VTC follow a comprehensive vein treatment plan that ensures optimal and lasting results. The following is an overview of our vein treatment process:
- Examine the leg veins and discuss your medical history and symptoms.
- Diagnose the root cause of your spider veins and other vein problems using vascular imaging tests, like Duplex Ultrasound.
- Curate the ideal vein treatment plan based on your diagnostic results, cosmetic goals, medical history, and insurance availability.
- Treat the underlying venous insufficiency with minimally invasive vein treatments, such as radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal. These procedures involve using thermal energy, laser energy, or medical adhesives to seal the diseased saphenous vein, rerouting the accumulated blood to healthier leg veins.
- Treat the visible spider veins and superficial varicose veins left on the skin’s surface after the primary vein treatment. Sclerotherapy, the best spider vein treatment, involves injecting a sclerosant solution into the spider veins to seal their walls, turning them into hardened scar tissues that get absorbed by the body.
- Discuss your post-treatment guidelines, such as wearing compression stockings and walking frequently.
Step 6: Insurance Verification
You must look for vein doctors that accept all major insurance plans and provide free insurance verification. The vein doctors at VTC always provide free insurance verification, and we take all necessary measures to minimize your out-of-pocket financial burden.
If you’ve found the best varicose vein doctors near CA, please schedule an appointment today.
To learn more about our team of accomplished vein doctors, please visit https://veintreatmentca.com/vein-doctor. Our physicians are board-certified vein experts, with compassionate bedside manner and impressive resumes. Most of our vein doctors trained at Ivy-league schools, and our harvard-trained medical directors hand picked each physician. We collaborate frequently across all locations to make sure each patient receives the highest standard of care. Visit our partner websites to learn about our vein specialists nation-wide, including affiliates in New York, Long Island, New Jersey, and Texas.