What’s the best varicose vein clinic near San Diego?
Vein Treatment Clinic is widely considered the best varicose vein clinic near San Diego. It’s easy for anyone to call themselves the “best vein clinic” online. But our claim is backed by authentic 5-star ratings and reviews from patients — all of whom enthusiastically agree that VTC San Diego is the best vein clinic in the area. One of our recent patients wrote, “My mother needed treatment for her severe varicose veins, and we have the best experience with the staff and experience. The treatment was so much easier than we anticipated, and the results are amazing. Highly recommended!”
Ratings and reviews are certainly important, but many factors contribute to our exceptional reputation and standing in the vein care community. The following is an overview of the factors that make us the best varicose vein clinic in San Diego:
- Perfect track record with no complications or harsh side effects, as evidenced by our 5-star ratings and reviews.
- Board-certified and fellowship-trained vein doctors who specialize in the latest minimally invasive vein treatments.
- Accredited vein center of excellence that’s passed numerous stringent tests and standards.
- State-of-the-art technologies and equipment that allow us to provide the latest vein treatments without major side effects, complications, or downtime.
- Personalized vein treatments that address the root cause of your vein problems and cater to your specific goals and concerns, ensuring optimal results.
- Free insurance verification before your appointment.
- Complete transparency at every step of the vein treatment process, including the vein treatment costs.
- Strict “no surprise billing” policy to ensure you know exactly what you’ll pay for the treatment.
Vein Treatment Clinic is located in the beautiful La Jolla neighborhood on the outskirts of SD, a short drive from the Westfield UTC shopping center. You can schedule a consultation online or call us at +1 858-461-7886.
Who are the best vein specialists in San Diego?
Vein Treatment Clinic is led by the vest vein specialists in San Diego, including Dr. Jasmine Koo, Dr. Billy Schoenfeld, and Dr. Carly Guthrie. The following is a brief introduction to the best vein doctors in San Diego.
- Dr. Jasmine Koo is the leading vein doctor at Vein Treatment Clinic, San Diego. She specializes in venous medicine and the latest minimally invasive treatments for spider and varicose veins. She has an exceptional educational background, having obtained her medical degree from the Chicago Medical School. She completed her residency in Diagnostic Radiology in Detroit Medical Center, following which she completed advanced training with a fellowship in minimally invasive procedures at the University of Texas Interventional Radiology Department. She is friendly, compassionate, and incredibly talented.
- Dr. Billy Schoenfeld is the co-director at Vein Treatment Clinic, San Diego. He’s a double board-certified vein doctor specializing in venous medicine, critical care, and anesthesiology, complementary fields that allow him to provide the best minimally invasive treatments. He completed a residency at the University of California, followed by an advanced fellowship training at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. He was a former faculty member at Harvard, and he has authored several chapters in Harvard textbooks. Dr. Schoenfeld has excellent bedside manners and years of experience with vein treatments.
- Dr. Carly Guthrie is the co-director at Vein Treatment Clinic, San Diego. She is a double board-certified vein doctor specializing in venous medicine, cardiology, and anesthesiology. Dr. Guthrie has studied under some of the country’s leading physicians in the field of cardiovascular ultrasound. She completed her residency at Harvard’s Brigham and Women’s Hospital and spent an advanced fellowship year, training in cardiovascular and thoracic diseases. She was also elected as the Chief Resident by her colleagues and faculty at Harvard.
What are the signs and symptoms of venous insufficiency?
Chronic venous insufficiency is the root cause of most vein problems, including spider veins and varicose veins. Venous insufficiency is a circulatory disorder wherein the collapse of your vein valves makes blood flow backward and eventually accumulate in your leg veins due to gravitational force. As a chronic condition, it only worsens with time and necessitates immediate medical attention.
The following are the early signs and symptoms of venous insufficiency — they usually intensify and worsen at the end of the day or after long periods of sitting or standing still.
- Frequent leg cramps
- Restless leg syndrome
- Leg swelling
- Leg heaviness
- Leg pain
- Spider veins
- Varicose veins
The following are the advanced complications of untreated vein disease:
- Profuse bleeding
- Skin discoloration
- Skin disease
- Leg ulcers
- Deep vein thrombosis
What happens during the varicose vein treatment?
Vein Treatment Clinic has a uniquely comprehensive vein care approach — we always diagnose the root cause of your vein problems before curating a treatment plan. The following is an overview of what you can expect from our varicose vein treatments:
- Initial consultation to understand your primary concerns and goals. This includes an examination of your leg veins and a discussion of your symptoms.
- Vascular imaging tests to visualize the blood flow in your leg veins and diagnose the underlying venous insufficiency.
- Collaborative treatment planning to curate the ideal vein treatments for your specific needs and concerns.
- Minimally invasive varicose vein treatments, like radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal, to close or neutralize the diseased saphenous vein responsible for your vein problems.
- Ambulatory phlebectomy or sclerotherapy treatments to remove the superficial varicose veins and spider veins. These procedures only provide cosmetic relief after the primary vein treatment.
- Discussion of your post-treatment recovery guidelines, such as wearing compression stockings and walking frequently. You can resume your daily activities immediately.