What should you consider when choosing a top Vein Doctor in San Diego?
If you are suffering from vein disease, then you may have noticed some bothersome symptoms, such as spider veins and varicose veins, leg heaviness and aching, restless legs and cramping. Vein disease can be very painful and disabling.
When struggling with vein disease symptoms, it is important that you seek medical advice from a leading vein doctor, at a top vein clinic in San Diego, such as Vein Treatment Clinic, as soon as possible. Delaying appropriate vein treatment can lead to a host of complications, including profuse bleeding of varicose veins, skin disorders such as stasis dermatitis and the, potentially fatal, deep vein thrombosis.
When searching for a reputable vein doctor in San Diego, you have probably been inundated with leading vein clinics, such as Vein Treatment Clinic, Scripps Vein Clinic Carmel Valley, La Jolla Vein Care and The Secret Vein Clinic. So how do you choose the best vein center near me in San Diego for your vein care?
Here, we give a brief overview of what you should consider when choosing the best vein doctor in San Diego for your vein treatment:
- The success of your vein treatment is highly dependent upon the expertise of your chosen vein physician. A top spider vein doctor in San Diego will be skilled, experienced and board certified. A varicose vein physician who is board certified by one or more medical boards has completed additional, rigorous training in vascular diseases and vein treatment and shows a great commitment to their field.
- Find a vein doctor in San Diego who has plenty of experience diagnosing and treating vein disease. The best vein doctor will have a proven track record of providing their patients with a high standard of care. Check out online reviews and testimonials from a vein doctor’s previous patients. These can provide you with a valuable insight into the standard of care offered by a particular vein specialist. Be sure to search trusted review sites to obtain unbiased reviews. Recommendations and referrals from people you know and trust are also was really useful, so ask around to find out which vein doctors others visit for their vein treatment.
- A top spider vein dr at a vein treatment center in San Diego will use the latest minimally invasive treatments to treat underlying vein disease, such as VenaSeal, Varithena, radiofrequency ablation and sclerotherapy. These treatments offer the safest and most effective way of eliminating the painful and bothersome symptoms of vein disease. Avoid vein doctors who suggest laser vein removal, or endovenous laser ablation treatment. Although this is a minimally invasive procedure, it causes significantly more discomfort than VenaSeal and radiofrequency ablation.
- A leading vascular center in San Diego will have access to modern, state-of-the art technology and techniques to ensure that venous diseases are promptly diagnosed and treated.
- You should choose a varicose vein doctor who you feel comfortable with and trust. A friendly and compassionate vein doctor will listen carefully to your medical history and the symptoms that are bothering you, then work with you to devise a tailored treatment plan to address your individual needs. It is important that you feel able to discuss any questions and concerns with your vein doctor.
- Ensure that your spider vein doctor accepts your specific insurance coverage. Treatment of symptomatic vein disease is covered by most major insurance plans. As varicose vein treatment can be expensive, it is important to sort out your insurance coverage with your vein center prior to your treatment to make sure that you are not left out of pocket.
What causes spider veins and varicose veins?
Spider veins and varicose veins are blood vessels that are visible at the surface of the skin. Varicose veins are distended and tortuous veins and are typically much larger than spider veins.
Spider veins are generally red, blue or purple in colour, while varicose veins can be dark blue, purple, green or red.
Varicose veins and spider veins are often a sign of underlying vein disease, or venous insufficiency. Chronic venous insufficiency occurs when valves within the leg veins become dysfunctional. This prevents blood from returning back to the heart effectively and causes blood to pool beneath the affected valves. This accumulation of blood leads to increased pressure, and eventually the formation of new varicose veins and spider veins.
Vein disease is much more common in females than males, with venous disease affecting at least 50% of all women. This is likely to be due to the effects of female hormones and gender differences in fat deposition. The risk of vein disease also increases with age, due to the effects of aging on vein valves.
There are a number of other risk factors which make the development of spider veins and varicose veins more likely, including:
- Family history of vein disease
- History of blood clots in the legs
- Occupations involving prolonged periods of sitting or standing
Schedule a consultation with a top vein doctor in San Diego
Vein Treatment Clinic is a leading, state-of the art varicose vein treatment center, located in San Diego, which offers the latest minimally invasive vein treatments. Our San Diego-based varicose vein clinic has some of the most accomplished varicose vein specialists in the country.
Dr. Jasmine Koo, one of the presiding, double board-certified vein doctors at Vein Treatment Clinic San Diego, has completed rigorous and extensive training in minimally invasive vein treatments. Dr. Koo is passionate about providing patient-centered care in a friendly and approachable manner.
Vein Treatment Clinic is conveniently located close to Torrey Pines Beach state park and Westfield UTC shopping center, in the beautiful neighborhood of La Jolla.
Schedule an appointment at Vein Treatment Clinic San Diego today to learn more about what vein treatments Dr. Jasmine Koo can offer you.